RECOGNIZING LEADERS IN RTU EFFICIENCY!
2018 Advanced Rooftop Unit (RTU) Campaign Awards were announced! Congrats to the 7 organizations announced at the 2018 PRSM National Conference April 10th in Nashville, TN. These 7 organization's realized 50 million kWh and $5 million from RTU efficiency efforts. This year's recognition included new categories for Automated Fault Detection and Diagnostics (AFDD) and intelligent controls. Read more here!
ALL ABOUT AUTOMATED FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSTICS (AFDD)
In accordance with Department of Energy Better Buildings' market transformation efforts, the Advanced RTU Campaign has a new focus towards advanced fault detection and diagnostics (AFDD) and intelligent controls. Learn and find more resources about AFDD technologies and discover new ways to save on RTU efficiency on our new AFDD page.
THERE'S AN RTU TOOLKIT FOR THAT
We know the struggle. Sometimes navigating so many resources that may apply to various stakeholders and efforts is hard. Well now, through the Better Buildings' Solution Center, we have different RTU toolkits for contractors and service providers, leased-space tenants, and utilities and efficiency programs! We've even separated those further based on replacement, retrofit, or evaluation efforts. Find the 6 toolkits here.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING?
The Advanced RTU Campaign provides building owners and operators with access to information and expertise to lower facility operating costs while maintaining or improving building occupant comfort. Joining the Campaign allows you to:
- Leverage campaign resources and technical expertise in evaluating savings opportunities
- Stay informed on innovative RTU technologies and resources produced through the campaign
- Gain recognition, achievement awards, and participate in case studies (pending submitting documentation of implementing a replacement or retrofit)
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
There are two ways to get involved in the Advanced RTU Campaign: by joining as a Participant (building owner/manager) or Supporter (assist implementation of RTU replacement/retrofit).
- Joining the Campaign as a Participant means making a pledge to evaluate and implement an RTU replacement or retrofit. Commercial and government buildings are eligible to join the Campaign as Participants.
- Joining the Campaign as a Supporter means committing to promoting the benefits of energy efficiency commercial cooling. Trade and industry organizations, utility and efficiency programs, and manufacturers and service providers are eligible to join the Campaign as Supporters.